CMSgt Lorna “Elaine” Major is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 931st Air Refueling Wing, McConnell Air Force Base, Kansas. The wing reports 4th Air Force, March Air Reserve Base, California, and is an Air Force Reserve KC-46 Pegasus associate unit working alongside the 22d Air Refueling Wing at McConnell AFB. In this capacity, she advises the Wing Commander on all matters relative to factors influencing mission readiness, training, professional development, morale, welfare, personnel utilization and leadership of the enlisted force within the wing which is comprised of 686 traditional reservists, air reserve technicians, active guard reserve, and civilian personnel. Chief Major ensures compliance of personnel with Air Force policy to ensure mission effectiveness and serves as the functional manager to the Wing’s First Sergeants. Additionally, she serves as the Commander’s representative on councils, boards, and selective events in the military and civic communities.
Chief Major enlisted in the Air Force in July of 1998 and her background includes Materiel Management, First Sergeant, Security Forces and Unit Career Advisor. Chief Major has held several key positions to include, Chief of Logistics and Materiel Management Chief Enlisted Manager for a RED HORSE Squadron and Wing HAZMAT Pharmacy Manager. Prior to assuming her current position, she served as the Major Command Functional Manager for Materiel Management (2S0) and IMA, at Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Robins Air Force Base, Georgia. She oversaw the development of policies and procedures to organize, train and equip over 900 Materiel Managers at 53 locations. She was the lead focal point for three numbered Air Force Materiel Management Superintendents at 4th, 10th and 22nd Air Force. In 2017, she deployed in support Operation Inherent Resolve and Freedom’s Sentinel overseeing Materiel Management, Services and Aerial Port activities at six forward operating bases for the 1 Expeditionary Civil Engineering Group.
2003 Airman Leadership School, Lakenheath, United Kingdom
2006 Associates in Applied Science, Logistics, Community College of the Air Force
2009 Noncommissioned Officer Academy Correspondence Course
2009 AFRC Noncommissioned Officer Leadership Development Course, Barksdale AFB, La.
2009 Bachelors of Science degree in business administration, Wiley College, Marshall, Texas
2011 Masters of Arts degree in Organizational Management, Ashford University, Clinton, Ia.
2012 USAF First Sergeant Academy, Maxwell-Gunter Annex, Ala
2013 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy Correspondence Course
2013 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, National Defense University
2014 Associates in Management, Human Resources, Community College of the Air Force
2016 AFRC Senior Leadership Development Course, Duke Field, Fla.
2016 Chief Orientation Course, Robins AFB, Ga.
2018 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala
2019 Logistics 199, Air Force Institute of Technology, Westover ARB, Ma.
2019 Chief Leadership Course, Air University, Maxwell-Gunter Annex, Ala
2020 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II Course, Joint Knowledge Online
2020 Continuous Process Improvement Senior Leader Course, Air University
1. December 1998 - February 1999, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. February 1999 - March 1999, Student, Supply Technical Training School, Lackland AFB, Texas
3. April 1999 - October 2000, Customer Service Technician, 319th Supply, Grand Forks AFB, ND.
4. October 2000 – September 2002, Document Control Clerk, 48th Supply, RAF Lakenheath, United Kingdom
5. September 2002 – February 2003, Supply Technician, 494th Fighter SQ, RAF Lakenheath, United Kingdom
6. February 2003 – October 2003, NCOIC Phase Supply, 48th EMS SQ, RAF Lakenheath, United Kingdom
7. October 2003 – October 2004, NCOIC, Document Control, 28th LRS, Ellsworth AFB, SD.
8. December 2004 – June 2007, Inventory Mgt Specialist, 917th LRS, Barksdale AFB, La.
9. June 2007 – May 2010, Materiel Management, 717th AMXS, Barksdale AFB, La.,
10. May 2010 – April 2012, HAZMART Program Manager, 147th LRS, Ellington Field JRB, Houston, Texas.
11. April 2012 – May 2014, Superintendent, Materiel Management, 556th RHS, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
12. November 2015 – January 2018, Chief, Mat’l Mgt/Log Plans/Security Forces, 556th RHS, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
13. January 2018 – February 2021, MAJCOM Functional Manager, Materiel Management, HQ AFRC, Robins AFB, Ga.
14. February 2021 – September 2021, IMA to the MFM, Materiel Management, HQ AFRC, Robins AFB, Ga.
15. September 2021 – Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 931st Air Refueling Wing, McConnell AFB, KS
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
National Defense Medal
Operation Inherent Resolve Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with the "M" device
2003 Airman of the Quarter, 494th AMXS
2006 Pitsenbarger Award, CCAF
2014 First Sergeant of the Year, 147th RW Wing
2016 Key Personnel List, Materiel Management Development Team
2018 Key Personnel List, Materiel Management Development Team
2018 Key Personnel List, E-8/E-9 Development Team
2020 Key Personnel List, Materiel Management Development Team
2020 Key Personnel List, E-8/E-9 Development Team
2021 Command Chief Screening Board Selectee/ Key Personnel List, E-9 Development Team
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant, December 2016
(Current as of August 2021)